Friday, July 31, 2009

CDAO Prays for the Eternal Repose of the Soul of President Cory Aquino


The Community Development Assistance Office of Imus, Cavite is praying for the eternal repose of the soul of Pres. Cory Aquino, the 'People Power' icon.

Former President Corazon Cojuangco Aquino passed away Saturday morning after battling colon cancer for more than a year. She was 76.

"Our mother peacefully passed away at 3:18 a.m. August 1, 2009 of cardio respiratory arrest. She would have wanted us to thank each and every one of you for all the prayers and your continued love and support. It was her wish for all of us to pray for one another and our country. Hinihiling po ng aming pamilya ang konting panahon para makasama namin ang aming mahal na ina," a statement from the Aquino family. (courtesy: ABS-CBN NEWS)



"Prayer for a Happy Death" (2004)

by Corazon C. Aquino


Almighty God, most merciful Father

You alone know the time

You alone know the hour

You alone know the moment

When I shall breathe my last.


So remind me each day, most loving Father

To be the best that I can be

To be humble, to be kind,

To be patient, to be true,

To embrace what is good

To reject what is evil

To adore only You.


When that final moment does come

Let not my loved ones grieve for long

Let them comfort each other

And let them know how much happiness

They brought into my life.


Let them pray for me

As I will continue to pray for them,

Hoping that they will always pray for each other.

Let them know that they made possible

Whatever good I offered to our world

And let them realize that our separation

Is just for a short whileAs we prepare for our reunion in eternity.


Our Father in heaven

You alone are my hope

You alone are my salvation

Thank You for Your unconditional love.

Amen.

source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/

No comments: